Message from Head of School Tony Quist:
Dear CHA Community,
As our school leadership team assembled this morning to address a response to growing COVID-19 concerns, I asked the Lord to grant us clear direction and wisdom to know and follow His will for CHA at this time. He was faithful to answer those prayers and worked within our team to produce a plan that ensures the continuity of education for our students and assists with ongoing efforts to reduce the impact of the virus.
We believe that COVID-19 represents a significant public health risk, especially to those in vulnerable segments of our populations including older adults (60+) and individuals with underlying health problems. Within our school community, we know that many of our students have direct and daily contact with family members in those vulnerable segments. As Christians, it is important for us to act out of love and responsibility for each other, our neighbor and the larger community.
Scripture commands us repeatedly, “Do not be afraid.” At the same time, we are encouraged to “understand the times and know what to do”. We choose not to react out of fear or hysteria but based on a realistic recognition that this situation requires us to protect others, particularly those in our community who are most vulnerable and to aid in efforts to “flatten the curve” to slow the spread of the virus so our healthcare system is not overloaded beyond capacity.
Our primary goals at this time are to increase social distancing within our school community and continue educating our students as we begin the fourth and final quarter of the school year. Confidently, we will pursue these goals through a brief two-week period of Remote Learning ahead of our scheduled Easter Break.
Therefore, we have initiated the following plan for Remote Learning through Monday, April 13th:
- Teacher Workdays (No School): Monday, March 16th – Friday, March 20th — our faculty and staff will use these days to prepare for a two-week period of Remote Learning
- Resources Pickup: Friday, March 20th from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. — families may visit the school during this designated time to pick up the resources, books, and materials teachers have assembled for their students to complete the two-week Remote Learning period
- Remote Learning Period: Monday, March 23rd – Friday, April 3rd
- Easter Break (No School): Monday, April 6th – Monday, April 13th
- ALL EVENTS will be canceled through Friday, April 3rd and rescheduled as possible throughout the remainder of the year
We understand the temporary inconvenience this may place on students and families. However, as your partners in Christian education, we are committed to making this plan as easy and effective to implement as we can. To that end, we will be sending additional communications and instructions to you over the next week to help you and your children prepare for the Remote Learning period, beginning on Monday, March 23rd.
In closing, please keep in mind that none of us asked for the coronavirus, yet God sent it anyway according to His good and perfect will and timing. Pray that we would be able to work together to navigate the tasks ahead of us for his glory, for the benefit of our students, and the protection of everyone involved.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership!
Head of School
Christian Heritage Academy