Fire Crews Warn of Infrared Heater Dangers

SNOW CREEK – A fire at a home on Fanny Crook Road Feb. 28 caused minimal structural damage, but could have been much worse if not for the fast response from the Snow Creek Fire Department and the Fork Mountain Fire Department.

When crews responded to the home, they hound a small fire from a receptacle and were able to put it out quickly.

In a Facebook post to the “Responding Fire” page, the safety of popular infrared space heaters was addressed.

“If you have one of these heaters, make sure the receptacle is rated to handle the load of the heater. Also make sure it is plugged in when not in use,” the post said.

“These heaters should NEVER be left ON unattended.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *